Terms And Conditions
Sato Home & Tour (hereinafter referred to as “Sato”) provides custom planned local tours for customers. A customer who participates in a Sato planned tour (hereinafter referred to as “the Participant”) is to conclude a planned tour contract with Sato. The terms and conditions for the contract include those of Sato specified below, and depending on the final itinerary, may be subject to additional terms and conditions pertaining to specific partnered tour activity organizations, affiliates, or guides. And terms and conditions not listed below will be provided to the participant on or before the date of payment.
1. Reservation Procedure
(1) The Participant submits Sato’s online booking request form with as much information about their preferred itinerary as possible.
(2) Sato Staff confirms the Participant’s details and begins planning a tour based on the Participants’ interests, group size, season, etc. Sato will propose an itinerary estimate which the Participant may either accept as is or decline, in which case Sato will revise accordingly and provide a new itinerary.
(3) If the Participant has also requested accommodation, Sato shall work together with local partner group, YUtour to make the requested accommodation booking, and when successfully booked, the accommodation costs will be included in the Sato Tour invoice.
(4) When the Participant accepts a proposed itinerary, Sato will send an electronic invoice detailing the itinerary via e-mail to the Participant. The invoice includes links for online payment, which allow you to send your payment by encrypted transmission through our secure international payment platform, Paypal.
See the Reservation System page for more information about the process.
2. Payment of Tour Fee
The Participant shall pay the tour fee no later than the date specified by Sato, which falls earlier than the tour starting date. Unless otherwise stated, the deadline for payment is no later than 7 days prior to the tour.
3. Included and Excluded Costs of Tour Fee
The tour fee includes consumption taxes for tour activities unless otherwise stated on invoice. Tour activities related to cooking or dining already include meal costs as explicitly stated in activity descriptions and/or itinerary estimates and invoices. Any food or drinks beyond what is explicitly included shall be excluded and paid directly to the merchant by the participant. Transportation costs to and from the tour venues are not included unless explicitly added by our planners and included in the itinerary invoice. Online payments are made in Japanese yen (¥), and Participants’ financial institutions may charge additional fees to Participants for currency conversion. Participants are responsible for any fees incurred by their own financial institutions.
4. Tour Attendance Guideline
For the purposes of tour activities, meals, and fees, a “child” means elementary school student (ages 6-12), an “infant” or “young child” means younger than elementary school (age 5 or under), and an “adult” means anyone age 13 or older.
Some activities may be restricted to adults and Sato may plan or change the Participants’ itinerary to meet any such restrictions. In case of such a change, the Participant shall be notified before the date of payment.
Maximum group size for each specific activity varies. In case Sato cannot accommodate the Participants’ group size, Sato shall adjust the itinerary accordingly and notify the Participants before the date of payment.
5. Change in Tour Content and Fee
Sato is entitled to change the content of the tour should there be any reasons beyond Sato’s control, including but not limited to natural disasters, bad weather conditions, riots, and orders by any government authorities. If such change is urgent and inevitable, the reason will be explained after the content of the tour has been changed. If the Participant’s travel schedule has to be extended or changed because of any of the above reasons, please understand that the Participant must bear any related fees for the extension of their accommodation, eating or travel expenses.
6. Cancellation of Tour Contract by Participant
(1) The Participant may cancel the tour contract at any time by paying the cancellation fee specified below:
|Cancellation Date||Cancellation Fee|
|7 or more days before tour date||Free|
|2 – 6 days before tour date||50％|
|Under 48 hrs before tour date||100％|
(2) The Participant may cancel the tour contract without paying any cancellation fee if:
- An important change has been made to the content of the contract;
- The safe and proper enforcement of the tour has become impossible or is highly likely to become impossible because of a natural disaster, bad weather conditions, a riot, an order by any government authority, or any other reasons; or
- The enforcement of the tour has become impossible because of a reason attributable to Sato.
7. Cancellation of Tour Contract by Sato
(1) Sato shall have the option of canceling the tour contract if:
- It has been found that the Participant does not meet the terms and conditions for participating in the tour, including but not limited to the declared age, name, sex, or qualification;
- The Participant has been found to be intolerable to the tour because of the Participant’s illness or any other reasons;
- It has been found that the Participant might cause inconvenience to other participants or disturb the efficient enforcement of group activities; or
- The safe and proper enforcement of the tour has become impossible or is highly likely to become impossible because of a natural disaster, bad weather conditions, a riot, an order by any government authority, or any other reasons beyond Sato’s control.
(2) If the Participant fails to pay the tour fee on or before the deadline specified by Sato, then Sato shall have the option of canceling the tour contract.
(3) If Sato cancels the tour contract pursuant to the above provision (1) or (2), the tour fee paid by the Participant will be refunded. If Sato cancels the tour contract pursuant to the above provision 5-(1), the paid tour fee will be refunded after the applicable cancellation fee has been deducted.
8. Tour Conductors, Guides, Interpreters
No tour conductors or guides participate in the tour unless otherwise noted in the tour activity description on the Sato website or within the invoiced itinerary. Sato staff may assist in tour activities as organizers, but do not serve as tour guides. Although we do not provide guides, we can arrange for an interpreter to accompany your tour for language assistance. Interpreter must be requested in advance, before tour payment.
9. Sato’s Liabilities and Disclaimer
(1) If Sato should cause damage or loss, intentionally or negligently, to the Participant in implementing the tour contract, Sato shall compensate for the damage or loss suffered by the Participant.
(2) If the Participant should suffer any damage or loss attributable to an natural disaster, war, riot, cancellation of any tour-related service to be offered by any transportation or accommodation facilities, etc., an order by any government agency, or any other reasons beyond Sato’s control, Sato shall not be liable for indemnifying the Participant from such damage or loss except for the case specified in the above provision.
10. The Participant’s Liabilities
If Sato should suffer any damage or loss attributable to the Participant’s intention or negligence, the Participant shall be liable for indemnifying Sato from such damage or loss.
11. Privacy Information
Sato will use private information which has been entered in the booking form and other documents only to the extent necessary for communicating with the Participant and creating itineraries for tours or activities.
If the Participant additionally purchases any meals, drinks, products or services during the tour and not included in the itinerary, then the actual cost, including consumption tax and other applicable taxes, shall be paid directly to the on-site merchant. Sato is unable accept payments for such additional items and the terms and conditions that apply to such purchases are determined by the on-site merchant and are completely independent from those listed here.
Last Updated: January 7, 2017
Tours planned and provided by: Sato Home & Tour
56 Tono-cho, Higashiomi City, Shiga, Japan
TEL: +81 0748-55-4877
FAX: +81 0748-55-4233